Terms & Conditions
We have a shop stuffed full of the most wonderful garments and always welcome you if you care to visit, however we know that often, it's not always possible. While we would prefer you to call personally we are keen to let you appraise our wonderful outfits in the comfort of your own home without any commitment to purchasing them first. Due to the differences in sizes between different collections, the mismatch of colours from each different computer etc we do not feel comfortable in allowing you to purchase without first trying the garments beforehand. We believe you should be allowed to fully assess the chosen garment before having to make the purchase decision. This is exactly what visitors to the shop do when they try on a few outfits for size and style etc, and we extend this arrangement to you.
Postage costs are rising all the time now and saw a high rise in the summer 2012 that has to be passed on. We do our best to keep costs reasonable but have to send things by a secure carrier which only comes at a cost. Also, the postal costs shown when you make a payment are those which apply to delivery destinations within the UK. All other countries will cost more depending on location. It's impossible to show every postal cost applicable to every potential destination but if you want to assess the sort of cost that may apply you can get a quote from www.wedelivertheworld.com who we use a lot of the time. If you put in the collection address as the Untied Kingdom and postcode SR8 3AU then the destination address (your address) followed by weight of 2kg and parcel dimensions of 10cm by 38cm by 48cm you'll get an up to date quote. We may have less expensive option once an order is placed and will obviously only charge this. The Paypal payment taken will only have the UK delivery charge included and I will advise of any further charge when you can either accept or not which would obviously result in a credit being made to your Visa.
In choosing any item from our Sale Page, or any other collection not within the Sale Page area, we do not require that you actually purchase it to try it. We always send out a chosen item for your exclusive appraisal with absolutely no commitment to purchase. In such cases we always take financial security of up to the amount of the selling price of an item together with a reasonable postage cost which depends on your location and the weight and dimension of the parcel, which in any case will be advised at time of your choice or before. This is purely to safeguard ourselves from fraudulent activity. If you are able to visit the shop to try on an outfit shown on the Sale Page there will obviously be no delivery charge incurred, and you may be able to choose matching accessories more easily. If you wish to try more than a single outfit then we are OK with this too. You only have to make the security deposit for the most expensive single item and let us know of the others you wish to try. We may have to charge extra postage for this but won't generally ask for any further security. Just call June at the shop to arrange.
If you decide that you would like to keep the item you will need to advise us of that within the allowed 7 days (excluding Sunday) otherwise you will need to advise us of the fact that you are returning it for a refund of the item cost only. All goods are sent as described on the website (or as discussed personally with you in the event that you need further information on them) so you should be happy with your choice, however if you have reason to be dissatisfied then our returns procedure is as follows:
1. Prior notification of return must be made either by written letter to our company address, or by email to our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by fax to our head office number 0191 5873609. This is solely so that we may be made aware of the return in case any special arrangements for the delivery are to be made.
2. Items to be returned must be delivered to arrive with us within 7 days from receipt by yourself, excluding Sunday. Returns from addresses outside of the UK and the EU not accepted, such appraisals being final. If you are one of these people from a non-return address who may feel they have a special reason for a refundable appraisal payment then please contact us and we will discuss it with you.
3. Items must be in the same condition as they were when sent out. Any damage will be unacceptable and a return of payment may not be given depending on the amount of damage suffered and the possibility of cleaning etc. Please take note that clothing needs special care when being tried on. Perfumes may often be particularly distasteful to others who may also wish to purchase an outfit as is also the case for those garments tainted by cigarette smoke. We advise wearing something protective over the head whilst trying on a garment to avoid lipstick and make-up marks which we have found to be extremely difficult to have removed even by dry cleaning. Please keep the garment covered with the plastic cover until you are certain you will not be returning it.
4. Any accompanying items directly related to the returned goods must also be returned. i.e. belts and scarves etc
5. Refunds will be made for the security payment only excluding the cost of postage and packing, which will be kept to a reasonable price in any case and agreed before posting to you..
6. Refund of payment will be made by a reversal of payment type, ie a Paypal payment will be refunded via that means etc.
7. The return of the goods is the sole responsibility of the buyer. Until the goods are received by us in perfect condition we will not make a refund. It is always recommended that a return is made via Royal Mail Special Delivery and insured for the appropriate amount. Please take care of the receipt and tracking details of the return in case you need to make a claim against the carriers.
8. The above returns policy is for goods from our own stock. Special purchases made by us to satisfy a customer demand cannot be refunded as we are unable to return the goods ourselves; Statutory rights excepted. Special Purchases are FINAL. See the following paragraph for explanation.
9. Failure to confirm with us whether or not the item is suitable within the allowed time of 7 working days will be considered as an acceptance that you wish to keep the item and will forego the security payment made towards the purchase cost.
Special Order Goods and Advance Orders
Special Order goods are purchased on the basis that they are non refundable. As an example, the Ann Balon collection is huge. There are around 32 different styles in up to 16 different colours and up to 5 sizes each style. We cannot possibly keep stock of all of the options, neither can Ann Balon themselves. Each order is fulfilled by having a "blank" outfit put through the dyeing process to satisfy a particular customer colour preference. In a lot of cases, the outfit has to be made to the size and style required also but in any case the order of such garments is on a personal preference basis to your own requirements thereby putting the purchase outside the scope of the Distance Selling Regulations. These goods are not stocked by us but are made/ordered in to your own requirements. Special Purchases are Final. If you are unsure then contact us to confirm if your chosen outfit falls into this category.
We always carefully steam, cover and pack garments for transit so that they arrive in the best condition possible, however items in transit may require further steaming to remove creases due to packing.
We also carefully check for damage to garments before packaging so your purchase should arrive in perfect condition. However, sometimes a parcel may have been damaged in transit and it is your responsibility to make this known to the carrier and to have any delivery note signed as Damaged Delivery by the postman etc. We advise that any damaged package is opened at time of delivery and carefully inspected in the presence of the delivering agent.
Sorry for the rules but we try to run the business to the advantage of all concerned and this means keeping our costs to a bare minimum so that we may pass on the savings in our low pricing.
Those customers without a Paypal account can still use the facility. Once you click on the Buy Now button you will be taken to the Paypal log-on page. Instead of logging on just click on the "continue" text above the card options, ie Visa, Mastercard etc. There is also a Pay by Visa option on some pages which you can use instead of a personal Paypal payment.
Paypal is recommended as it gives you another level of buyer protection along with your card issuer. It also ensures that all the relevant details are logged including your full address and contact details.
If you cannot work out how to use the link them just contact me and I'll explain personally.
Payment directly to the shop
We prefer payment via Paypal, even if you make payment online with a normal Visa card. This is due to the fact that we can make refunds without any hesitation as all details are kept with Paypal themselves. If payment is made directly to the shop by telephone order then you will have to call the shop for a refund once an item is returned. This is entirely due to the fact that we can't keep personal card details of customers for compliance with the Data Protection Act. We also can't keep contact telephone numbers for the same reason so direct contact between us is entirely up to the customer.